I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Feeling Old

I must have found the easiest and more compelling way to feel old (actually just to feel my age). I stopped to get gas at Stewart on Halloween night. I stood in line to pay amongst a group of young monsters, vampires, witches and the like. When it was my turn, the attendant asked me what flavor ice cream I wanted “free ice cream to anyone wearing a custom”. I didn’t argue…I took my ice cream. When I walked away, I noticed the attendant looking at me. She was probably feeling sorry for the poorly creative custom I was wearing, one of an older woman or maybe impersonating a boring monster…either way, I got my free ice cream.