I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, October 15, 2007

That Awful Feeling

I am in the middle of a race. I can't breathe comfortably anymore. It hurts to be here. I can’t believe I have put myself through this again. I don't think I can go on any longer.It doesn't matter anymore that I won't reach my goal; I don’t even have one at this point.

All I want is to reach the finish line to end this pain and I have done this enough times to know that it will be better once I get to the other side, and this painful experience will be behind me. That is what I have to remember to get through it. And no matter how hard it is, I know I will get there.

Running is a metaphor of life. There we are, running the different races with which life presents us. Many just like the races I so willingly sign myself up for, are my choice while others are handed to me by chance in this mysterious roulette of destiny.

But it doesn’t matter how I ended up here, I know that, however painful, once I reach the other side it will be better and once there I will also be able to remember the good of this and every experience.

Running and life are full of finish lines, and no matter how hard it gets or what comes my way, I know I will always cross my finish lines.