I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, April 18, 2008

Rave

US Military Academy at West Point is my Rave Run. It offers one of the most breathtaking views. As far as running (that seems to be the only view I am interested in), it is a 1.5 flat mile loop. The beautiful scenery framed by the Hudson River and a gothic and medieval fortresses makes easy to repeat as many times as your heart (or training) desires.

Occasional boats on the tranquil waters of the Hudson are seen as I run. The waters sometimes carry pieces of wood visible usually after heavy rains. It is peaceful, beautiful and its serenity is only disturbed occasionally by ducks claiming back their territory after the winter.

This is probably my favorite run. I ran there daily last summer letting the sweat mix in with my emotions. I ran in the Fall watching the changes in the leaves and in my life take place and I infrequently ran in the Winter. It never looked as beautiful as it did today.

What can be better than this? yes...




A run in the company of a friend to celebrate with later or simply a run…and then celebrate later. That...that makes it better.