I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Lights Out

It usually happens when the lights go out. When my head hits the pillow and it is just me, myself and I…then the film unreels.

The actions of the day come back to me in a different, much more honest perspective. In the silence of the night it’s time to be just that, honest. At that time, when there is no facade to keep and no one else to fool, but our own conscience, we are the judges of our own mistakes. The true motive of our actions, what we did and why we did it, who we hurt in the process and why, is then revealed like the flashing lights of a train emerging from a tunnel. What we choose to do with that truth is a different subject, we can wake up and continue the fiction and justify ourselves one more time.

Is everyone honest to themselves when they have no one else to seek validation from? or have you become so good at fooling all that you fool yourself?

Can you sleep at night?  Can we sleep when our own conscience is yelling the truth to ourselves?

Can you? I can't.

"It takes courage for people to listen to their own goodness and act on it" -Pablo Casals