I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, June 23, 2008

Twelve days after entering the hospital and having surgery I walked 5 miles. The day after I walked 6 miles in 2 hours. The day after I walked the same 6 in 1 1/2 hrs pathetic pace but the best I could do. I laid down for hours after each effort which doesn't really seem like an effort.

On Saturday I ran 50 minutes, maybe 5 miles, maybe 3, not sure. The pace, the breathing, the leg muscles, the arms at this point are like a beginner's. Everything hurts....

Running respects no seniority. It only honors constancy, consistency. It does not allow vacation or sick time.

Today I walked 3 and ran 2...not any better. It hurt.

It will be a long time for me...somehow this time I have no patience for it. But like the many things in my life I have no control over, I have to accept it and go with it. One day, it will be good again