I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Humid or Raining?

This is what I don’t get. I ran this morning and the humidity was close to 90%. Within a few miles my shirt was heavy with sweat. It wasn’t raining, overcast but no rain.

Right now, it’s raining like a bastard and the humidity is 74%...I relate humid with wet…no?

Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air, so isn’t there enough water vapor in the air when it’s raining?
AH = Mw/Va huh?

Furthermore Humidity may also be expressed as absolute humidity (as opposed to what???) and specific humidity (like it might be or might not???) Humidity indicates the likelihood of precipitation... likelihood but when it actually rains humidity disappears?

In either case, it wasn’t raining this morning when I ran but the result is the same, my clothes were drenched. Maybe it was raining and I couldn’t tell…I was just as wet…or humid.

Runners, we are so strange.