I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, July 09, 2008




The Movies

I don’t have a problem running for 3 hours if properly trained. I might not want to but I can do it. But I do have a problem watching TV or a movie for 2 hours and I would never make it to 3. I have the attention span of a 2 year old; it’s hard to sit there staring…

I guess the only time I ever watched a show consistently for 8 weeks was while on maternity leave some 15 years ago, the show was “I’ll Fly Away”. It remains my favorite of course; it was the only one I ever watched.

I can come up with a list of the top 10 best and 10 worst races in a second. But when asked what my favorite movie is I have a hard time, not because I have to decide among many but because I can’t remember any out of my very limited selection so I come up with the ones that have impacted me the most like Julie Brown’s The Battle of the 5 Foot Tall Women, a movie that didn’t even make it to VHS (too old to be an DVD and forget finding a link, doesn’t exist) and I was probably the only person who thought it was hysterical and probably the only one who ever watched it. I can also mention stupidly romantic movies like Falling in love, all of those movies are at least a decade old and nobody’s favorite but mine.

Although I am reluctantly dragged by one of my kids to the movies, I do occasionally try to watch one of my liking an average of once a year. After all, in keeping with the trend, just like I look for new models of running shoes, I look for a good movie to watch once a year so that I don’t sound so odd when I mention a 1997 oldie. Not always an easy choice...but gotta complete my quota for the year .…aghh!…still gotta shop for some shoes.