I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, August 25, 2008



Embarrassing Moments



I woke up sort of late for my 13 miles. I had a long day planned out, longer than the hours would allow.

I ran out of the house…well, the intention was to run!

I drove to the course I was going to do and then I realized I had to find a bathroom. So I drove to the town’s diner. As I walked in in my shorts and singlet the waitress awaited me

“One, Ma’am?”

“In a minute, I have to use the bathroom first”

And in the bathroom I went for that minute which turned into…many minutes. I flushed and flushed and it didn’t flush. I swear it was not me, maybe the septic was going and it was poor timing but the thing is that it did not flush for me…

So I gave up and inconspicuously left the diner having no choice but to pass by the side of the waitress who I had told “one minute”…her eyes accusing me of what I had done…or not done, well I did but I didn’t…

Ohhh, I imagine that everyone using or wanting to use the bathroom had to hear about this runner who walked (ran) in here and messed up the bathroom…

I’ll never go to that diner again…unless I have to use their bathroom.