I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, August 21, 2008


I'm In love...temporarily

I can’t believe I am saying this so soon. It started in the last two weeks since I decided to go the gym at lunch time to cross train instead of running due to a small discomfort that could turn into an injury.

I walked in there and there it was…it was love at first sight. An elliptical I have never done before.

I have always disliked cross-training, especially if I am injured. It feels like a punishment imposed on me. Well, this time I look forward to it every day. I get to read my book and I feel I get a great workout and at the same time I am healing.
And in my long work days, I am rewarding myself with an ice coffee after work...that kind of seals the day.

Of course I am not giving up my passion for running, after all running or the feeling of it like a good wine has gotten better over the years. Not that I’d know if wine gets better over time, it never lasts that long in my keep.