I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008


Balconies

Balconies are special places. They are purposely separated from the main construction to allow for that privacy and intimate space.

Balconies depict serenity, peace, intimacy even if and more so with oneself.

I have had the best conversations on a balcony overlooking a busy parking lot. I have relaxed on a balcony after a long run letting the breeze dry my sweat on a hot Florida day. I have sat in silence reading a book before going to dinner. I have enjoyed a glass of wine watching the waves hit the shore on a summer afternoon on a Jersey Shore. I have sat on a balcony enjoying my solitude on a quick getaway vacation by myself.

In the distance the happy memories of those balconies and the things that surrounded them and made them important make me long for them again. I have been away from balconies for a long time.

Time for a new balcony, a new run, a new sunset, a new book.

A balcony is a good place to be.