I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, January 08, 2009

No Regrets

“Have you ever regretted a race?” I asked my competitive friend. “Never” she replied with no hesitation. “Regardless of my performance I know I have given it my best”.

I thought about that for a moment. As important as running is to me, competing is not.
In races and in other circumstances, when I have known that the outcome is not going to be beneficial, I have “cut my losses short”.

But in the metaphor of life that running is, there are those races that are important to me and to them I have always given my best. Just the same that I have fought beyond reason for what I’ve loved not giving up until the end and watching it go knowing inside of me that I could not have done better.

Yes, like my friend, to what has been important in my life I have unrelentingly given it my best, the best of me, my best effort. No regrets.

None what’s so ever.