I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009


Drawing The Line
I was forced to see a doctor (again) this week due to another ailment I came up with. For a healthy person, I sure as heck give my health plan a lot to worry about. While the doctor examined me and diagnosed me with an acute respiratory infection he also asked if I had been to the doctor recently for my a personal exam. “I am due for a visit”, I said. As in these one stop shops nowadays the doctor offered the services of the nurse practitioner in house. “’C’ does that, you know”.

Yes, I know, or no, I didn’t know but in any event I don’t want to use her services.

You see, “C” is my running partner and…..well, while I believe hours of running side by side bring you closer to a person, I do have to draw the line somewhere.

That is not a part of me I want to share with her.

Sorry Doc, I’ll stick with my provider who doesn’t run.