I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, February 09, 2009


Overflown


The bath tub was full and ready for my daughter to use the Jacuzzi jets. It had been a long day for me and I was glad she was entertaining herself.

Then I heard the jets go and the water splashing all over the walls. The water started spreading all over the bathroom floor and leaking into the living room

“What did you do?”!!! I yelled.

“I pressed the button, that’s all” she said with fear in her eyes and tears about to come out.

I looked at the walls covered with water and I tried to stop the motor to no avail. In a frantic I pushed the button with a screw driver several times but it kept spraying the walls, the water still overflowing all over.

I felt my anger raise and I looked at her ready to blame her for the immediate crisis, she was afraid knowing she had caused a problem she did not intend. She had done nothing more than what she’d have normally done and something went wrong, now she was being blamed for it.

I looked at her and in a moment of lucidity I said “It’s nothing but water” With tears and fear in her eyes she said “It won’t stop, what are we going to do?”

“It will stop eventually, it has to.” “Nothing wrong goes on forever”

Finally, I pried the round device open and I pushed the motor switch off. The jets stopped and the water ceased to overflow.

Quickly we mopped part of it, put towels over the overflow and then she got in the tub.

Aghhh, what a relaxing way to end a stressful day!