I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Horoscope told me.


Ascendant Sign

A professor in a reputable university wanting to prove or disprove the accuracy of horoscopes to his class, asked students to give him their birthdays including whenever possible the time of birth. He would compile a natal chart for each one of them.

A few days later the professor walked in the classroom and handed the prepared personalized horoscope to each individual. He asked them to read it and let him know whether they agreed with the personality description  based on their own individual birth date.

Every student nodded in agreement and a few smiled pleasantly.

The professor then asked the students to pass their horoscope to the person sitting to their right. The subjects read their neighbor’s horoscope and suddenly the classroom broke into laughter.

Every student had received an identical horoscope.

Moral of the story, we all love to hear how good we are and that, my friends, is what the horoscope does. Check me out:

Gemini: Articulate, versatile, adapts to anything. Intellectual. Quick-witted. Smart and polite. Energetic. Affectionate. Generous. Good friend.

Yes, tell me more!!!!!

My mother was a zodiac guru and I grew up hearing about the sun signs and the influence of the ascendant sign or the point in the zodiac rising over the horizon at the time of birth. She swore by it. Of course! Leo is creative and enthusiastic, broad-minded and expansive, faithful and loving, generous and warmhearted. Why would anyone disagree?

What about the negative traits, mom? Pompous and patronizing, bossy and interfering, dogmatic and intolerant?

Negative traits of the signs are usually not displayed and of course, deemed inaccurate.

I find it illogical to believe that the position of the planets at the time of a person’s birth is the determining factor of their character, personality and fortune. If so, all born at the same time would share similar traits. I bet no one wants to accept the accuracy of the zodiac when they shared the same birthday with Hitler or some serial killer.

Astrology is not a science. It's an art and for the most part it gives people what they want to hear. We all need to hear how good we are once in a while and even pay for it if need be. So turn the radio on and listen to your horoscope:

“Gemini, a pleasant surprise awaits you at work” “You will do well in a career that encompasses music or poetry.”

Music and poetry…I guess my music teacher was wrong after all.