I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Eating My Way Through It

I have an identity issue going on. On Blog life and Facebook everybody (my two or three readers) thinks I drink (and they’re right but we won’t go there now…not unless I can sit down with a glass of wine and tell you all about it). However, that is not the reason for my post.

Here is my issue; my coworkers all seem to think all I do is eat. Granted I do eat. I have to eat! They claim that only when they don’t hear “I’m hungry” coming from my desk, they realize I am not there. Birthdays in the office are celebrated with a small birthday cake and a gift, for mine they cooked a full breakfast buffet of pancakes, French toasts, bacon, sausage, omelets and the list goes on. I appreciated it, I really did and I ate (heck, it was free) and two hours later, as to not disappoint them, they heard “I’m hungry”.

I’m sure I’m more than that to them. There are other things I do at work that are rather productive, mind you - but I wonder if anything is noticed other than

Want half of my sandwich? - Sure

I brought bagels. - Cool

There is left over cake – I’ll be there.

And so it goes.

I’m thinking I really need to have a conversation with them, show them who I really am. I’ll do that later, right now I have to go check out the kitchen for a light snack.