I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, July 27, 2009


It's Too Much


You wonder why you do so much after you know there is no point. There must be mere satisfaction in saying “hey, I did it it was me”.

That is how I felt after today’s run. I know Kathrine Switzer feels there are no “junk miles” but to me, and it is me who counts since I am writing this post, there are junk miles and today, that’s what they were.

I ran my long distance yesterday and it was a decent run so I could have left it at that but…NO, I had to go out today and push it at 2:30 P.M. at the peak of the sun above my head.

I know all that can be said, I did it, good for me, blah blah blah.

It is the same as when we have a good meal and then we go for a dessert we know we don’t need, we can’t eat, we won’t enjoy but “yeah, double chocolate cake and a scoop of ice cream on the side”. It sorts of ruins the meal.

I am blabbling here but trying to understand with no objective of course, what possess us to go beyond our limits knowing that if we just stay there and let it be, it will all be okay.