I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, September 05, 2009



Reality Check

Looking at my usual marathon training, it is impossible for me to do a marathon in October but I knew that so I had written off any possibilities of an early fall experience. What I am now realizing is that even a November marathon might be out of reach. I have not done any long runs but a 15 miler a month ago – way too early – and then fell back to the 12 and 13s. Not going in the right direction.

Yes, I can do one, I can crawl my way to the finish but I don’t want to. A marathon is difficult, and it is to me a major commitment. If I am going to drag my family there and take this challenge, I want to have a little bit of confidence that I am not going to hurt any more than the normal which is a lot! – I am not saying that I won’t be crawling my way to the finish or I wont be in excruciating pain regardless of my training, it has happened before, but I want to stand on that start line knowing that I have done my homework.

Otherwise…it will have to be another year.