I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, December 04, 2009

This Writing Thing...

I don’t know how it goes yet.

I consider myself kind of new at this writing stuff. There are times when I write constantly. I write in my head and the ideas are faster than the posts I write. Sometimes I'll scribble a few lines and put them in my purse to complete later. Some of them, most of them are never completed and don’t make it to the blog.

Some don’t deserve to go there, some I want to keep with me as if in keeping them, I could make them more mine, more intimate.

Today in the bottom of a pile of papers on my desk I found a note I wrote sometime ago. I never date them so I don’t know when or what was going through my mind.

The excerpt goes like this:

…."the way your eyes shone at the door
and the happy embrace that was your hello"

Sometimes the words get in the way...

And there are times like now, when nothing seems to be begging to be expressed. Nothing comes out.

I still have those half written notes in my purse and my desk. Some have made it to the paper with tears wetting it and some in anger. Others in fear, yet others in anguish.

Maybe some of them will slowly become a complete post and others will get lost when I switch purses for the season.