I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, January 09, 2010



And I Take It With Me


I got the call at 8:30 a.m. as I was getting ready for my run. I did not have to make a decision, I knew I wanted to be with my family when my aunt was taken to her final rest.

Rushing to leave by 9:30, I threw my pants, shirt, headband and all the other stuff needed for winter running in my bag. When my sister in law got in the car she asked with surprise “are you staying over? Why are you bringing a suitcase”

After being in the Cemetery freezing our bones, we drove home. A few minutes later, I emerged from the bedroom fully dressed, headphones on. With sunglasses on I said as the Terminator “I’ll be back”.

My family understands now that running and me are….almost perfect together. Well, running is, I am not but together we are kind of cute.

Running has been by my side when it has felt the world was not. Today, I expressed to a friend how anxious I felt. After my run, I felt good, relaxed. So I was glad I brought running with me for the ride.

And Running has not choice in the matter. I make the choice. I carry it with me wherever I go, whether it likes it or not. It fits in a small bag.

That’s all we need.