I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, January 18, 2010


This Too Shall Pass


There are times that are more trying than others when it seems that we are pulled from all directions. That is really not a good quote, rather we seem to be pushed back – only one direction, backwards.

While we wait for one issue to resolve, another emerges and no solutions work fast enough to give us enough air to keep our brain and heart functioning at a sane level.

Breath.

There are times when the difficulties are discouraging and there is nothing to do to avoid feeling the weariness of the challenges that seem more and more impossible to be overcome.

The difficult circumstances faced crowd my strength.

It is difficult to keep the faith at those times, yet faith seems to be the only thing that I am holding on to.

Faith is that confident feeling that things are going to get better. I am afraid to say they can’t get worse because…they can. And I know that, I know how bad they can get so knowing that there is room to go down, I hope for the better.

This too shall pass…

These are also times when the difficulties help us get closer to God and closer to those who care. Stupid as it seems, we don’t seem to know that others care until they let us know. A lot of times, and most times, it is not a material thing. The emotional support that can be said in a message or a quick meeting just to know “how are you?” as simplistic as it is, makes a world of difference. It helps us face the day when we know someone cares.

There is a reason for everything or better yet, we can find a reason for everything. There is a lesson to be learned- if nothing more, at least appreciation.

I am learning.