I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sudden Changes

This morning I was reminded of how quickly life can change.

I already knew that when, after a routine sonogram, I heard “there is a suspicious shadow”. This morning was a quick reminder.

After a snowstorm, the roads were fairly clean and the traffic was unusually and extremely light. I was driving at a good clip and switched over lanes behind a vehicle to avoid being the first car on the radar.

A vehicle, on the lane I had just left, slipped and did an 180. With no cars immediately behind him, we were all able to avoid him. I was three cars behind.

Had it been the regular morning traffic, it would have been a car pile up and mine would have been in it.

Before I leave the house, I hug my daughter while she still sleeps and tell her I love her. Then I pray and leave. I never know for sure I will be back. I want to, I plan to, but I don't know.

Some people have lost spouses, family members, friends, in a fraction of a second and received the call shortly after. What would you do if the last conversation was not a good one and now there would be no chance to make it better? What if you hurt one more time, the very last time you spoke to them?

What if the night had ended in an argument with someone or if an apology had not been offered waiting for another day? What would they think as they get the news? Would it matter to them? Would it matter to me anymore?