I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, March 06, 2010


You’re So Vain

I agree that there is someone for everyone otherwise some of us would be hopelessly alone. Different strokes for different folks, that’s a good thing.

However, some people seem to think everyone wants them. I work with such a person. I hear constantly “he was coming on to me”; “that man just came on to me!” That might be true but…I mean, I am not all that cute but I am not a dog either. I am somewhat fit and might look slightly younger than I am yet I don’t see lines of men (or women for that matter ha!) lining up to take me out. In fact, I never see anyone coming on to me or I never think they are, but I’m pretty sure they’re not.

What makes someone think they are the only pepsi in the desert (my cousin uses that idiomatic phrase)? I don’t see the appeal in this person but maybe others see it. I just refuse to think it is that many!!!

Then again, maybe it is true. Maybe that is why I never see anyone coming on to me, they are all after her!