I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, April 30, 2010


Nothing Remains The Same

Normally I am blessed for life with the friends I make and they are equally cursed for the same length of time ( ! ) but occasionally one slips between the cracks of life.

I walked into an old friend at a local store. Years prior we had been good friends, close friends. But distance and time pulled us away. When I looked up from a rack of casual wear, I was surprised to see her after so many years. Her big smile and bright eyes, same as always. We exchanged a few pleasantries and I moved on to the socks rack. I made my purchase and left.

It was no different than seeing a stranger at the grocery store – one of those you recognize after seeing them a couple of times. Nothing to say, no interest in knowing more. Simply, no reaction.

It was hours later when I realized I had seen who once had been a good friend. Unusual and startling but the encounter made no impact on me.
What we are is no longer what we once were.
Shaped, dented, enhanced or shaded but different to what we were. What our world was once, changes over time. With it feelings and emotions.It has to change and we do with it so we can go on, “move on” – if that is such a good thing.

It is a good thing that over time, time allows us to recycle ourselves. If we didn’t, we would remain stationary in one place unable to enjoy the ebbs and flows of life.

Nothing remains the same.