I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rare
I assume they have been meeting for years. Far more than I have been aware.

I saw those two women on my daily visits to Dunkin Donuts years ago. At first I didn’t notice them. I too was meeting a friend there a few times a week.

Since then my job changed and my route to work does not allow a daily stop for coffee unless I am on a special assignment. It is then I have paid attention.

They have aged a little. Shorter grayer hair.

Same table, same enthusiasm.

They seem to have so much to say every morning! I wonder if they are aware of how precious and rare their friendship is. So much that strangers notice it. I notice it.

I look at them and smile.

It is precious and rare.