I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, May 28, 2010

Too Close For Comfort

I might be sharing the road with drivers but I am using the sidewalk…is it because I am not walking that it compels some to come that close to me or is it that I am that striking that they want to get a better look? Of course the only striking thing about me might be the car against my face.

I honestly don’t know what possesses some drivers to play that joke at runners. Sometimes, it is the obvious “oops, I didn’t see you because I was texting” and other times it is because they seem annoyed to see a runner going up a hill while they are holding the steering wheel with one hand and the phone with the other…buy a bluetooth!!!

Some drivers – most drivers- seem to respect us, cheer, give us thumbs up and a few get so close to the line that the next time they should introduce themselves. Hopefully we won’t be on a stretcher when that meeting takes place.