I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Alone


I am sitting with a glass of wine and a notebook on my lap.

The sun is slowly disappearing behind the mountains. The last rays make my figure longer.

It has been a long time since I sat quietly and peacefully. I have missed these moments, so intangible for a while, so precious when present. I breath deeply as I hear the sounds of the pond in the distance, it is there every night in the summer but I seldom notice it. I am noticing it tonight.

I laugh at my own silliness in chasing a mosquito as elusive as my worries are now.
I am enjoying this moment between my thoughts and my pen. I contemplate how seldom we allow our minds to be worryfree. Too concerned with chasing life to chase mosquitos. How seldom we allow ourselves a moment to be alone, quiet, peaceful.

It is quiet, it is peaceful.

My pen, my notebook, my wine and me, finally reunited.