I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, July 12, 2010


Regrets

A friend who recently lost his son shared a conversation he had with a coworker who is contemplating having children with his wife.

What if, he explored, something goes wrong during the pregnancy or after? What if the kid is sick? What if he or she dies early like your son did?

Trying to control the tears as he spoke, he told us the answer to this insensitive question.

“If God had told me he was going to die early, I would still have chosen to have him for as many years as he lived”.

His words said more to me than about death.

How many times we, in moments of anger, regret the experiences lived?

Where would I be if I had left out of my life some of the best episodes only because they ended bitterly? What would I have to dream about if I didn’t know how it felt to love with all my heart?
Where would I be if I had not cried the tears I cried and laughed as much as I did? In the same place I am now, only less complete.