I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Visible At Times

Signs of fortune are there. They are visible to those who need to see them or to those who want to see them or maybe they are always there.

The grasshopper that jumped on my brother’s arm as he walked to the hospital to see me. The rainbow the morning I got ready to find the results. The candle that burnt and broke the plate the night of the diagnosis. The note on the ground with promises of years to live. The prayer of healing that started as I walked in the church.

Maybe they all happened when I needed them or maybe they were always there and I only became aware of them when I needed to find hope in them, in anything.

Many times, often times, we only become aware of our surroundings when we need them. Maybe we should always be in need mode so we notice. So we discover what is always around us.