I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, August 05, 2010


Seven years

The cells of the body change every 7 years. They don’t rejuvenate, they die and new ones emerge. We can say that every 7 years a part of us is new…Some claim human cycles occur every seven years and we go through the Chakras again every 7 years.

Being 7 the magical number, I wonder if the same happens to the rest of us. If every 7 days, 7 weeks, or 7 months our hearts soften, our minds clear, our resentment vanishes. If maybe after 7 somethings anger, grief, jealousy get flushed out of our existence or at least start at a higher level cycle.
I wished it were every 7 hours that I could look back and realize my mistakes, or gain more strength to overcome grief or fear. God knows I would need 7,000 years to get it right. I wonder too if we repeat the cycle with all the mistakes, back at the same grief, replay the jealousies, feel the anger again. I wonder if it’s possible….I know it’s possible, I have been through those cycles many times and not with 7 years in between.

It would be great if we could isolate one at a time like in a laboratory. Not ever go through the grief again, no more tears if that could ever be possible, no more resentment. Eradicate them like a dead cell that needs to be replaced with softer ones, softer healthier feelings.

Mistakes don’t wait 7 years to happen. More likely they are made in 7 folds; seven times seven…over and over. There will always be part of us; of that experiment we call life. All we can do is hope that we can correct them 7 times seven. Over and over.