I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, August 21, 2010


The Wait

I am used to awaiting results. No, I am not, I will never be used to the wait, the fear, the anxiety but I do know what it feels to wait. I have never, however, had to wait for results for someone I love. It’s a different kind of fear, the fear those who care for me feel every time I wait, but I have never felt that fear.

Maybe it is accentuated by protection, not wanting someone I care for to suffer. Maybe it is driven by selfishness. Afraid to lose someone I have loved all my life since I can remember. Fear for someone who has always been on my side, always. Wanting to protect them. Wanting to make it all good.

It will be good.

Bad things do not (should not) happen to good people. Sometimes they do and for some people, those who have dedicated their lives to make the lives of others better, it would be an abomination of fate.

There is power in prayer. I know that. I believe in it. I know it.

Good things await good people.

That is the way I pray it will be.