I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dutchess

I love the name of this race especially because this time I felt like a subject and far from royalty.

It started well. We all wore blue for some unknown reason and didn’t notice it until we saw the pictures.

We are all smiles. That is easy before a race. Yes, flat course, training run, it should be easy, blah blah blah. Funny thing, I paid $35 to run as if I needed permission. No shirt, not give away, no food. That is the beauty if races. You pay to feel pain. Gotta do it to understand it.




I noticed my head looks really big in proportion to my body; I hope it is just the lenses optical illusion. Or maybe it's just big. I'm the one in blue....ok, the one with sunglasses.





This race, even though it was the same course as 3 years ago, it felt nothing like 3 years ago. This is mile 8 and we were done, done in the sense of being fried, tired, finito, but far from being done in my case. I still had 12 miles to go.

I should remember never to let anyone take a picture of me when my shirt is sticking to my body…it does nothing for my figure.