I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, September 16, 2010


A Season

I don’t know when I outgrew the things that fulfilled me earlier.
The clubs, the noise, the city lights.
The vacations with a complex and extended itinerary that almost required another vacation to recover from the one I was taking. There were museums, plays, theaters, sightseeing. Whatever I could add to my days without leaving much time to rest.
I rather sleep outside walking up to the sound of waves or birds or whatever is in the neighborhood or surroundings than on a hotel bed, if I get a choice. A play, a museum is still a place of interest but not one that makes my vacation list.
Tranquility, quiet surroundings have taken the place of the lights and the noise. There is nothing more fulfilling than a body of water to sit in front or to wake up to. Woods for a nice walk and of course an open road to run on. And it goes without saying…a glass of wine to accompany it all.
There is a season for everything and everything has a season, not a lifetime. What made me happy once doesn’t do it now. And what I enjoy today will probably change tomorrow.
For now, here I am, this is what I like.