I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010



An update on my Life

It has happened. It has happened and I am the one who precipitated this auspicious occasion.

  • My daughter is officially a licensed driver.

And with that comes my fear and that of everybody else's, afterall, I taught her how to drive...

When she drives to the supermarket I hug her as if I were putting her on a plane to Australia with a one way ticket.

She is good, though. She calls me without my request as soon as she gets to her destination. I haven’t asked her to, she does it because frankly she must be aware of that insane look in my face as she drives out of my sight.

She doesn’t drink; doesn’t believe in texting while driving; stays within the speed limit which is a novelty to me. But I still worry even if she might be a safer driver than I am (that is not much to say).

So no more come home soon so she can go to XYZ and somehow I miss that…my little one is growing up…hopefully not apart.

*sigh*