I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, November 21, 2010



Hands

Of all the demonstrations of affection there are, I am very fond of holding hands. There are many ways of touching a hand that conveys feelings better than words or any other form of physical closeness can for me.

A hand over mine in a handshake from a stranger is a sign of appreciation for my help, I know they are grateful.

A squeeze conveys “I understand, hang in there”.

Holding a hand while a person shares something difficult with us tells them we are right there. Listening, caring.

There is a way of holding a hand when I convey love in all its forms. While I hold a hand I run my thumb over the other person’s hand. It says, I am glad to be here, I am glad you are with me. That’s how I hold the hand of the people I love. That’s how I hold my kids hand, and they know that the little play of fingers tells them how much love is in my heart for them