I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fields Of Gold

I ran by a place that only two months ago took my breath away. This time I stopped marveled at the change that took place almost as if I expected it to remain the same in my absence as it was in my memory.

It changed without me and it would have changed with me and in spite of me.
Nothing stays the same.

The water in a lake must continue to flow, the flowers must die in the winter and new ones grow in the spring. If nothing more, visibly it gives us a sense of appreciation. By not remaining the same we can appreciate what it was when it’s not or we can look forward to something new.

We cannot stop changes. The natural progression continues regardless of our effort to impede it.

Time does that.
Nothing stays the same.

That’s a good thing, I guess…or not. Depends on the angle from where we look at it.

Sometimes it might not be. To see the uncontrollable progression of a disease, to hold on to a love that escapes us, even to see our child grow into an adult leaving the nest are changes we give anything to stop.

But somehow we are going to heal even against our own will and we will enjoy another stage in our kid’s life.
Such is life. A continuous ebb and flow of circumstances, feelings and emotions that like the water in the lake must keep moving or it’ll become putrid.