I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Her Memory
Her back rested on the couch. She seemed immersed in her own thoughts; there was a touch of sadness in her eyes.

“Do you miss him?” I asked.

Her petite figure pulled away from the sofa. Her dark eyes looked at me directly as her hands folded in front of her chest.

“I miss being hugged. I miss waking up with someone, but I don’t miss him because he is not a good person”.

I didn’t need to ask more. I didn’t know what had transpired between them; whatever it was had erased all the good she could ever remember. It was as if the person she had once loved did not exist anymore, or had never existed.

Lies, cheating, broken promises, destroy everything once loved and more, they can take away appreciation.

I looked at her again understanding the sadness in her eyes. It was not sadness for the loss, it was the deception of losing the only thing a love can leave in us, a good memory.