I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, April 15, 2011

Taking on the Challenge


I enjoy my paisana Doris' writing, and since she has entered the A - Z challenge I know I can count on one of her stories per day- Ahhhhh! how I love to read them! Well, I have hesitated entering the challenge, but the idea has been floating around in my head...Can I write daily? I normally do except that most pieces are not posted, but this would be writing on demand to meet a challenge.


I face challenges, I don't seek challenges. Will I enjoy this one?


It reminds me of the time when I trained for my first marathon. The idea of hours running in the company of a friend with whom I enjoyed long conversations was enticing. I loved running and I loved our conversations, what could be better than to combine the two? but the result was astounding; I hated it. The thought of having to run because I was supposed to, not because I wanted to exterminated my enthusiasm. I would run in silence trying to keep my friend at a distance after the first hour or so. I had enjoyed our impromptu runs and our spontaneous conversations, but the training runs were scheduled, demanded, expected.


This might be the same...Or it might be a welcome thrust to my writing. I am going to take the plunge, regardless. I am already thinking what I can possible write that starts with X other than a story about Xerox and Z I guess will be about a Zebra.


This is not official, I couldn't figure out how to enter the challenge...you see? I'm challenged.