I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Today Is Now “You learn to build all your roads on today’s ground because tomorrow’s is too uncertain for plans”. One of my favorite pieces of writing even though I have never cared for the “live today as if it were your last day”. I don’t like to entertain, even for one second, the idea of any day being my last day.

That aside, there is no other day like today to build our…present. The day for wisdom is today. The day to live healthy is today. The day to start a good habit is today. The day to right the wrong is today.

The day to love is today. It was not yesterday, and it might not be tomorrow. It is today.

I must admit I find myself at times regretting the time I have misused. The todays of yesterday that were wasted forcing a tomorrow that never came. Energy, effort, all fused together in the hope for a better tomorrow while trying to overlook the unhappiness of that today endlessly pursuing the result of an equation I created in my despair; “If I…then…next time…”


“If only I can be good enough then I’ll be loved”.


The abused can not stop the abuser by being a better victim.


Whatever the definition of happiness there is, it can not be contingent on outside actions because when it does we slave ourselves to them.


Today can not wait.