I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Of Connections

I believe in the autonomy of the person, in being our own entity, independent individuals. No one can give us what we don’t already have nor turn us into what we are not. But a part of ourselves not yet discovered can be awaken by others.

We can be enhanced.

Every notable relationship good or bad that passes by our lives leaves a footprint, a teaching.  It might make us realize of an emotional strength we did not know existed or tap into a deeper feeling never brought to the surface before.
Sometimes people happen in our lives, a rare connection that is not found every day, and their understanding or simply their presence help us. Usually, as it is with most good things, it happens without seeking it.

I believe in the power of friendship. I believe that a good friend is good medicine.  Their presence in our life is vital in our growth and happiness.
A life alone is a life half enjoyed. I believe in friendship.