I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

 On Parenting and Kids


She takes two steps and jumps into the arms of her father “Daddy, catch me!” Another girl takes unsteady steps chasing a doggie, “doggie, here, doggie” and a boy runs after a bird.

I smile at them and see flashbacks of my own children. I miss my little girl; I miss my boy.  They have grown much more quickly than I was prepared for.

I never wished those years away, though. I never wished to bypass a stage in their lives.  I savored every one of them.

At times I consider if I’d have done a few things differently. At times I wish I had done them differently. But if I had to do it again, I’d without any doubt make as many mistakes as I did the first time, different ones, but still as many.

It would all be worth it the second time around.  And that second time would go by just as quickly if not faster than the first time.