I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waves of Green

I am notorious for not noticing my surroundings.  I can not remember for the life of me what a person I met or spoke to for an hour was wearing. In fact, I’d panic thinking I’d ever have to describe what my children were wearing if I lost them in the mall.

I can not remember what’s inside a house, the path I run on, the clothes I wear. I am totally oblivious to all of it.

There is one day a year I notice. Or it’s a day when I notice what everyone else already did.

It is a day when the green of the mountains greet me.

Suddenly the trees bloom with a plethora of green.  The mountains that a day earlier were decorated with dried branches leaving empty spaces in between depict now a grandeur of color.  And not any color, but a delicate shade of green. Not the tired green of summer, exhausted after hours of scalding sun, but a soft bright green eager to cuddle in the rays of a new sun.

It makes me smile reminding me life finds a way.  There is renewal if we simply allow it even when we think all is lost. Even after the trees have seemingly died a new season begins.