I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A-Z Check.

I completed the A-Z challenge.  I wrote the equivalent of  9 weeks in 4 weeks.  It was good; it kept me focused and made me write more often than I would have otherwise. I missed one day because I was away from a computer and desisted from typing another post on my phone.
Before engaging in this challenge I was afraid I would feel pressured. I didn’t. I am assuming that is because the challenge was self imposed and not competitive. Competition is not my cup of tea.

 I am not sure I would do it again. While I didn’t feel pressure while completing my assignments every night, it took time away from my leisure time. Time I enjoy reading other blogs and enjoying their high quality prose or poetry like reading my favorite magazine while sipping on a glass of wine. Make no mistake I still had my glass of wine I just read very sporadically.
I am done now and I have been catching up on my favorite writers.  That is not a challenge, that’s all enjoyment.