I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, June 05, 2011

All Of Me
Occasionally someone makes a statement assessing my personality.  Thankfully it is usually done in good intent.  “You must be a riot at home” “you are fun to be around” and some other kind statements.  


I thank them and answer with one of my self put down lines. Once in a while, and depending on the depth I want to get into, I might offer that what is being referenced is only a part of me, not all of me.

I am all of that, but much more and part of what I am, is not always worth a compliment.

I am emotional and a tear might easily appear on those days when a wave of sadness finds its way into my day; I am temperamental in those days approaching my test. I can be detached, aloof and distant.  Deaf to the noise of the outside. I can be somber during those days when fear overcomes the best of me.  I can be angry and impatient and sometimes even irrational. I can be vulnerable and sensitive. I can be weak and needy. I can be what sometimes I wish I never were.

I am what most never get to see, and what some wish they never did.

I am all of that, but not all of it at once.

And for the most part you’ll get to see the fun side of me. For the most part, you will want to know that side, and you will want to befriend that branch of me, the good of me. It is safer for friendship. It is fun and it is part of me.