I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Welcome Reminder

The email came with no subject. I hesitated to open it afraid of spam or a virus. I gave in to my curiosity and a name that looked faintly familiar.


“I just wanted to tell you how much we appreciate your help. That check came at a time when we were so desperate, thank you and all of the sponsors”.

I forget sometimes…too often how difficult it is for some people. I forget sometimes how much a drop of help means to a person in a sea of need.

20 people in dire need of assistance receive help from a race set up to alleviate needs of patients facing financial difficulties in addition to a cancer diagnosis. I needed to be reminded of how much that means to each one of them.

I am glad she reminded me.

I hope not to forget it again.