I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, October 24, 2011

Good In All

I believe there exists a duality in ourselves. Not symmetrically divided. At times one area weighs more than the other and it might fluctuate.
Such is the case when I think of the good in people.

I believe there is good in all – well, yes. I do concede a few exceptions, like those who enjoy the suffering of others such as serial killers, etc.  Those are not humans.
There is good in the average human being even if at times I might lose sight of it and others of mine.   

I have loved people because of the good I saw in them; and those who loved me have done so for the same reason.  Some have hurt me and I have hurt them, not because I didn’t love them, but because I didn’t know how to love them and I was hurt probably for the same reason, because they didn’t know they were hurting me, or because they ceased seeing the good in me or because…just because sometimes we hurt who we love.
There have been times when I have briefly stopped seeing the good in some
people, but I must always remind myself that I loved them once, and when I did it was for all the good I saw in them, and that knowledge is something I must never lose sight of.