I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, November 14, 2011

Cycles
One of my most notorious weaknesses is the fact that I do not notice anything around me that is not live. Inanimate objects do not register.

Sort of embarrassing to be asked by a friend my opinion on her new couch when I don’t remember there was an old couch. I have a hard time describing my own house, the color of my walls. I cannot remember what anyone wore, but I can remember almost what anybody said, but that’s a different post.

My inability to register outside elements makes me at times miss beautiful surroundings. A waterfall during my runs, a change in the texture of a tree or even an odd shaped rock I might encounter in my runs.

Lately I’m beginning to notice that…I notice. At times I stop to observe a tree intertwined with another; the sound of the water in a river as I run next to it and, in my morning drives, I am mesmerized by the colors of the sky as the sun starts its ascend - not so much the drivers around me when they see me taking pictures as I drive.

Life is a cycle full of mini cycles. I think that each time one of them completes, another one starts and changes take place. I still don’t notice a house or a person’s outfit, right now I am comfortable noticing life happening around me and being happy to be in it.