I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Monday, November 07, 2011

The LOML

I’m feeling a wee romantic. To continue in that mood I am remembering  the “LOML” – the Love of My Life.
I have called the LOML that person who I loved with more intensity than others. Who through the years, I remembered with kindness. Whose departure from my life brought tears to my eyes even decades later. Whose presence was never replaced.
I am talking about someone who marked an era in my life. Whose memory accompanied me in my dark moments. An intensity I never found again. I am talking about that love that gets to the very bottom of your soul. That love that lifts you up in grandness, and fills your spirit with happiness; a love that takes you out of the spectrum of reality and when it’s gone the fog is too thick to find your way back. Yeah, I’m talking about loving in a way that was unimaginable to love. To wake up and smile and count the hours until you see that person. To feel your heart beat fast while you wait for the door to open. To get lost in a kiss. To embrace and not want to let go.

That kind of love. The Love Of My Life.

The Love Of My Life is one I can remember throughout my life as the greatest love. Someone who made me happy not for fractions of seconds, but for lengths of time that were buried in time in the deepest part of my self. Whose good memories carried me in difficult times. The love of my life should be a good feeling after it ended, more so after it ended. The LOML should be remembered fondly, with love, tears because it ended, not tears because it hurt me. Tears of sadness, not tears of pain.

Everyone should have a Love of their Life to remember in those days when they feel a wee romantic as I feel today.