I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Saturday, December 17, 2011

It Never Dies
Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence”. Vincent van Gogh.

I believe that, I do believe in the perennial existence of love although at some point in the midst of a break up I have not, I admit.

In those nights of sleep interrupted by the pain of a break up that suffocated me; on my knees biting my fist not to scream when the anger fueled by the despair hid momentarily the love I felt, I created the illusive conviction that love had died.

It has seemed like death because every deep love that ends takes with it a piece of our lives. A part of us dies with it.

But love does not die. Over time it changes from the way we knew it into a subdued form that resides quietly in an obscure place in our heart - not so much in our mind. The mind stores it all and has the tendency to remember the bad. The heart instead keeps the warmth of a love once felt like an urn keeps the ashes of a life loved. A true love never ceases to wish the best for the one who marked our lives. 

For love never dies, its essence remains as part of the mysteries of the soul.

Through time, through tears, through anger and through sadness, love remains. It changes, but it never dies.