I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Friday, January 27, 2012

Unexpected Surprises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrAJsWvEIc&feature=related

I watched this video the other day, a couple of years after the big shock had worn off. It had more of an impact on me this time.

There have been those shocking moments in my life. Times when I had passed judgment way too quickly and times when what I saw did not promise more at first glance.

I love to be wrong then.

Nothing more rewarding than when no rewards are expected.

It is not easy to have no expectations, and there are times when we don’t think something is worth our time and oddly we are pleasantly surprised.

I have been there too.

I have driven to a meeting telling myself the entire way that it is a mistake, I don’t want to be there, I have nothing to say and I should turn around. Instead I have walked out of there with a smile in my face and the feeling that I have found a hidden treasure.

I love that feeling.

Nothing like to be wrong when the outcome is so good.

I have been there.

I don’t know what the lesson is. I can’t make a blanket statement and say all that is dreaded ends up being good and not all that is disliked will be liked later. But I can only say that there are surprises when we least expect them and when they are found, we are some lucky devils to be the ones to enjoy them.

I have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrAJsWvEIc&feature=related