I write about my life and life itself seen through my eyes for who can write through the experiences of others if not their own?

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Love Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry.

I heard that phrase today for the first time or for the time I paid attention to it.
If love means never having to say you're sorry, I guess I’ve never loved.
I have said I’m sorry many times. The more I've loved the more I've become aware when my actions have offended or hurt the person I cared for and so 'veI said I’m sorry with a true and honest desire to redeem myself.

No hesitations.
I’m sorry said because it needs to be said lacks the above objective. To say it to get out of a difficult situation or get past an issue is…having a purpose other than to acknowledge that what we did hurt someone who matters to us.
Loving should mean that we never hurt the person we love, but perfection is not part of who we are.  Humans are not perfect and so when humans love, mistakes are made and those mistakes hurt others.
And so when someone mattered to me and my actions hurt them, I said I’m sorry.
I have loved in my own imperfect way.